Home > English Premier League > New Sunderland Home Strip 2016/17 by Adidas revealed

New Sunderland Home Strip 2016/17 by Adidas revealed

April 28th, 2016 Leave a comment Go to comments

This is the new Sunderland home kit 16/17, SAFC’s new principal strip for the upcoming league season. Made by Adidas, the new SAFC top was officially revealed to the public on April 28, 2016. The Black Cats, who are currently 17th in the Premier League, are involved in a tense fight along with Norwich City and local rivals Newcastle to beat the drop.

The new SAFC home top features the club’s classic red and white stripes with gold detailing. Dafabet remain principal shirt sponsors. Black shorts with gold detailing and red socks complete the look of the new Sunderland home kit for 2016/17.

The club will also unveil a new away kit in the coming weeks.

New SAFC Kit 16 17

New Sunderland Strip 2016 17

New SAFC Top 2016 17

SAFC Shorts 2016 2017

SAFC Socks 2016 2017

Sunderland Goalkeeper Shirt 2016 17

Categories: English Premier League Tags:
VFS
  1. TheKitCritic
    April 28th, 2016 at 20:26 | #1

It looks good although very similar to the 14/15 one. Question is where will they wear it-it would be odd to see the gold additions in the Championship

2. Russel1311
    April 28th, 2016 at 20:40 | #2

There’s something not quite Sunderland about this. Reminds me of Athletic Bilbao or something.

3. JonLCFC
    April 29th, 2016 at 10:49 | #3

Lovely shirt and shorts but I’m sure most Sunderland fans would prefer black socks. They look a bit too much like Southampton with these

4. Derby
    April 29th, 2016 at 15:53 | #4

Really love this shirt.

5. BlackCat17
    April 30th, 2016 at 03:57 | #5

As a SAFC fan I love this shirt, simple and the gold is a great addition regardless of what the haters say about gold. I prefer red socks, I grew up in the 80s when these were the preference so for me this is the best adidas have done so far!

6. Syc
    April 30th, 2016 at 20:00 | #6

Glad saints got rid of adidas if this is the pathetic effort they have come up with they can’t even give them the new template with the 3 stripes on the side

7. Aaron
    May 1st, 2016 at 10:59 | #7

Have they just taken last years kit and replaced the black trim with gold?

8. JonLCFC
    May 1st, 2016 at 23:12 | #8

BlackCat17 :

Fair enough, I stand corrected

9. Jonny
    May 3rd, 2016 at 23:36 | #9

I don’t understand the Gold? I think that only works when a club has won something. It worked for Leicester this season though!

10. Gordon Robinson